Then sometime, usually by mid-November, all that wisdom flies out the door and I’m making 13 drawstring pouches or 27 quilted tissue holders!
But not this year. I have a three-pronged resolution for 2019. Will you help keep me accountable?
1. I am not going to touch the Christmas fabric I bought at last year’s post-holiday sales. It can wait until 2020.
|Return to Winter’s Lane by Kate and Birdie|
|Vintage Holiday by Bonnie and Camille|
|Juniper Berry by Basic Grey|
2. I will make a wall hanging or two (but definitely not 13!) using Sterling Sewn’s new Log Cabin Home for the Holidays pattern. I am thinking one will be for me and any others for those who deserve special recognition come Christmastime.
|I got to pattern-test the new holiday-themed blocks from Sterling Sewn. They’re crazy cute!|
3. I will make some lovely presents for friends, but I’ll use the gift-giving opportunities called Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day to distribute them. A February or May deadline is much more doable.
|This block just needs 29 friends to make a quilt top!|
If you have fallen victim to the allure of holiday sewing in the past, the From Bolt to Beauty readers can keep you on track! Share your own resolutions in the comments below.
* * *
The pageant rules are simple:
- Post your finish in the linky tool. (No links to your own giveaway or linky, please!)
- Point your readers back here with a text link or use the button above.
- Visit and comment on other participants’ finishes.