Monday, December 22, 2014

And That’s a Wrap

It’s December 22, and my sewjo is waning. I’ve barely touched my sewing machine in the past week. I’ve cleaned and cooked and hosted (the first wave of holiday guests has already come and gone). I’ve wrapped and tagged and bagged. And I’ve napped, thank you very much.

The last of our presents will be delivered to family and friends this week, and looking over these gifts and what I’ve accomplished in the past two months may give me the kick in the pants I need to pick up my rotary blade and get going again ...

The library totes I made back in November are going to three special teachers. I paired them with a hot cocoa kit, which I layered into a Ball jar and topped off with the recipe and an ornament. (If you want to make your own cocoa gift in a jar, check out this post at Love Grows Wild.)


The quilted tissue holders I became infatuated with earlier this fall have multiplied and will go to the staff at my younger son’s preschool. You do the math: 25 for them + 2 for me = a crazy number of tissue holders!


Accompanying the basket of these cozies is a note from my 4-year-old. He adores the educators at his school. The feeling is mutual: I honestly think some of them hope that I won’t show up at pickup someday so they can take him home themselves!


And then there’s the Sew Together Bag I conquered most recently. I’ve filled it with sewing-related goodies—needles, thread, extra Chaco chalk (but not yellow!), pins, and more. It’s under the tree and ready to be gifted to my mom on Christmas.


You may notice that I have not shared any quilt finishes. Alas! I am dead-set on FMQ the two I have in the works, and I am not yet competent enough at FMQ to finish them. However, I have a new partner in crime on that front. I suspect 2015 is going to be a very interesting year ...


This may be my last message for this year, so I wanted to wish you all an amazing Christmas! Big blessings to you in the new year!

Linking up to Let’s Bee Social and Finish It Up Friday ...

Follow on Bloglovin

13 comments:

  1. All your gifts look wonderful!! The basket of tissue holders with it's note is so fun!! That sewing machine looks like it's raring to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should feel so proud! All of your gifts are beautiful, and I am particularly in love with the note you handed out with each of the tissue holders! So clever! Congratulations on the new machine! I know it will be a blast learning to FMQ on that Lovely! You will be besties for sure! Have a wonderful holiday and a very happy new year! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo, I love the new machine! I wish you much fun learning some FMQing in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog♥
    Happy Christmas♥

    http://juliemcqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your gifts and I'm sure the recipients will too. Looking forward to seeing your new creations in the New Year. Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww! That note is the cutest. I'd be honored to receive that as a para or teacher :) Beautiful gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely gifts! Those teachers and staff members will be so happy with them. Can't wait to see what you come up with the in the new year. Meanwhile, Happy Merry Making!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some amazing gifts. You sure have been busy! And you must have been good all year, too, because that Janome looks like an early present from Santa????!!!!! Wow! Merry Christmas to you and yours! See you in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas to you! I hear you on the busy. There is so much to get going in the new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Christmas gift ideas! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Xmas gifts and new machine!!! Happy New Year with lots of fun with free motion quilting!!!
    Love from Amsterdam

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those tissue holders and have had fun making them, too! The teachers will love them as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome gifts. It is very nice of you to remember teachers and all they do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I almost always respond to comments by email. If my response might interest others or if you're a no-reply blogger, I'll post it here.