Friday, April 2, 2021

Pretty Sneak Peeks / Beauties Pageant 123

A plus-sign block in yellow beehive fabric

I have had such a great productive week, friends. Who painted the living room, picked up new furniture for the family room, revised her younger sons IEP, and accomplished a slew of other chores?! This girl, thats who.

As Wednesday was coming to a close, I was getting rather pleased with myself—perhaps too pleased because my plans to quilt my way through the rest of the week quickly unraveled, and now its Friday and my whole family is at home. (I love my family, but I get more accomplished when at least one kid is attending school in person!)

All of this is to say that I dont have the finish I was expecting, so I present my near-finish, all quilted and ready for binding. Here are some sneak peeks ...

A plus-sign block in a pale blue floral print

A patchwork of different bee-themed fabrics

My objective with this project was to use as much of my Sweet As Honey fabric, an older line from Bonnie Christine, as I could in a quilt that lets the prints shine. With oversize plus signs and a pieced back, I achieved my goals. Stay tuned for a full reveal in the coming weeks!

I’m happy to celebrate your finishes today. Please add them to the Beauties Pageant linky, below.

And for those of you who havent heard, Im hosting a free quilt-along, starting in May. Click here for all the details!


Follow Me On ...


 
* * *


The pageant rules are simple:
  • Post your finish in the linky tool. (No links to your own giveaway or linky, please!)
  • Point your readers back here with a text link or use the button above.
  • Visit and comment on other participants’ finishes.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


12 comments:

  1. That is a lot done! I hope the kids let you have a little sewing time this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your near finish!! and heck fire!! what ever your were drinking or eating - you should share - that is a TON of things done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, Michelle! What a pretty quilt. It's oh-so-close to a finish . . . Rose will be snuggling underneath it in no time. I sure do understand that you can get much more accomplished when the kids are in-person school! {{Hugs}} and Happy Easter to you and your family. Thanks so much for the linky party today. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh we can all tell - this is going to be really pretty. Looking forward to seeing the whole deal. Congrats on getting so much done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great week, even if you didn't quite finish your next quilt (which I'm excited to see more of when it's ready)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am wore out just from reading about all you accomplished. I really need a week like that - what is your secret :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does sound like a very productive week. Your quilt is looking amazing. Thank you so much for hosting the link party and Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am intrigued!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like a lot of things got done! Awesome - congrats :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. You accomplished a lot. Well done. My week got derailed too. Life does interfere with the fun of quilting. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  11. You should be happy to have an excuse for not finishing this! :-) It's just my hubs and me, and I can't seem to get anything done. Not for want of trying though... Large projects just take a long time. I've been big stitch quilting a large quilt for weeks now. Hoping, like you, to put binding on soon. Enjoy your family as you can. One day they won't be around, and you'll miss them a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I almost always respond to comments by email. If my response might interest others or if you're a no-reply blogger, I'll post it here.