Friday, April 9, 2021

A Fully Revealed Finish / Beauties Pageant 124

Last weeks almost-finish is this weeks fully quilted, bound, and ready-to-be-used finish. Im feeling a little punchy at the moment, which is likely why I’ve settled on the name No Negativity for this project. : )

As I mentioned last week, the fabric collection here determined the design. Judy, who blogs occasionally at Sew Some Sunshine, knew that Bonnie Christine’s Sweet As Honey collection was a favorite of mine and gifted me a sizable bundle of it. I supplemented with an additional purchase or two and then let the whole lot of it sit for years. I didnt want to cut Bonnie’s designs into tiny pieces that would prevent people from appreciating the fabric, and no pattern seemed to fit the bill.

I finally gave in and drafted this design with oversize plus signs myself. The chubbier pluses finish at 16 inches, so Im not exaggerating on the scale. (The quilt overall is approximately 70 inches square.)

I used only Art Gallery Fabrics in this project, complementing the front with a pieced back in a lighter shade of gray and scraps. And I quilted it with diagonal lines every 1.5 inches. Other quilting plans I came up with seemed too fussy for this minimalist project.

I took some closeups to give you a good look at the Bonnie Christine prints. The afternoon sun paints them cooler than they are in person (the first two pics are more accurate), but you can get a better idea of just how beautiful these fabrics are and why I wouldnt want to chop them into unrecognizable pieces!


It was the aqua floral that made me fall hard for this line, but those beehives are my favorite now ...


Love Boldly Quilt-Along

Registration for the Love Boldly Quilt-Along is still open. Join me and two dozen of my online quilty friends sew a baby, small throw, or large throw quilt. A newsletter discussing fabric choices (including a discussion about substrates, prints that work well vs. those that don’t, etc.) drops next week. Cutting and sewing starts May 3! Click here for more information.


Follow Me On ...


 
* * *


The pageant rules are simple:
  • Post your finish in the linky tool. (No links to your own giveaway or linky, please!)
  • Point your readers back here with a text link or use the button above.
  • Visit and comment on other participants’ finishes.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

4 comments:

  1. Lovely finish! I know what it's like to have pretty fabric sit for a bit, waiting for the right project. Looks like you found it at last. The quilting is great! I bet it's very cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beehives are fabulous! I'm glad you drafted your own design and were able to keep the prints shining in your finish. Hooray! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design and overall lovely quilt! Enjoy your finish xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, well done on the finish!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I almost always respond to comments by email. If my response might interest others or if you're a no-reply blogger, I'll post it here.