Friday, September 27, 2024

Pageant Highlight Reel / Beauties Pageant 266

I decided this week it was time to tally the WIPs, and friends, the numbers were sobering. I have 10 projects in process and another 4 cut and ready to sew. A total of 14 might not seem like a big number to you, but many more would overwhelm me. Until I can chisel away at them, any new projects need to be ones I’d sew start to finish right now, like a QuiltCon 2025 submission or a new pattern.

But that doesn’t stop me from daydreaming about what might come next, and recent Beauties Pageants have provided more than enough inspiration ...

Orinoco Flow

Sandra’s Orinoco Flow is a throw-size version of a baby quilt pattern of hers that was published in Love Patchwork and Quilting last year. I have a soft spot in my heart for whole-composition designs, and Orinoco Flow does not disappoint ... It looks exactly like the original baby size; Sandra achieves the throw size by enlarging the components, not by adding more blocks. And by the looks of it, Orinoco Flow will come together quickly!

Blue Pineapple Blocks

Gretchen’s collection of blue pineapple blocks is a showstopper, and think of all the scraps she busted through to make 64 blocks! I have never sewn a pineapple block quilt (the time commitment is daunting), but these blocks think I may need to tackle one.

Garden Party

Although neither my blog nor Instagram feed show any evidence of this, I have been playing with applique recently. It’s been fun to consider the possibilities of what I can accomplish outside of my usual piecing techniques. Gail’s Garden Party project uses a pattern by Laura Heine and an applique approach called “edge painting.” Once you open yourself up to applique, the possibilities of what you can create are limitless ...

I know many of you are like me and enjoy having multiple projects going at once. How may projects are too many for you? Which of these designs are tempting you, too?!

Follow Me On ...


 
* * *


The pageant rules are simple:
  • Post your finish in the linky tool. (No links to your own giveaway or linky, please!)
  • Point your readers back here with a text link or use the button above.
  • Visit and comment on other participants’ finishes.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I almost always respond to comments by email. If my response might interest others or if you're a no-reply blogger, I'll post it here.