Friday, May 24, 2024

The Scrappiest Stars / Beauties Pageant 252

Over the past few weeks, Ive been addressing the mountain of scraps in my house. It has been a big time suck, but I see the light at the end of the fabric-y tunnel.

Part of this process has involved putting some scraps to use right away, and Ive cut maybe a half-dozen projects. Has doing so complicated my efforts? Yes, it most certainly has. But if Im going to be touching almost every piece of fabric I own in an attempt to organize it, I might as well pull fabric for some projects.

The scrappiest of those projects is Quilty Stars, a pattern by Emily Dennis and the first of hers that Ive sewn. (Can that be right? Ive never made one of her patterns before?) Its a little outside of my comfort zone because its just so very scrappy. I think a more Michelle approach would have been to make two quilts, one with solid stars and a scrappy background and one with scrappy stars and a solid background, but its too late to change course now.

While organizing my scraps and sewing this project, I realized that my pattern library isnt as orderly as I had thought. I purchased the PDF of Quilty Stars only to find a printed copy in my stash, so this post has turned into an impromptu giveaway ...

If you would like this printed pattern to make your own scrap-tastic Quilty Stars, let me know in the comments. If more than one person is interested, Ill pick a name at the end of Sunday, May 26. Im happy to mail this pattern anywhere in the world. If you’re a no-reply blogger or comment anonymously, please include your email address in your comment or send it to me at frombolttobeauty (at) gmail (dot) com.

Follow Me On ...


 
* * *


The pageant rules are simple:
  • Post your finish in the linky tool. (No links to your own giveaway or linky, please!)
  • Point your readers back here with a text link or use the button above.
  • Visit and comment on other participants’ finishes.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

13 comments:

  1. Your Quilty Stars quilt is going to be lovely, so nice and scrappy! Everyone needs a really scrappy quilt on hand. Emily has some great patterns. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scrappy stars are going to be shining brightly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Quilty Star!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brianna HenningsenMay 24, 2024 at 10:32 AM

    OOo I would love a copy of that pattern, I have so many scraps as well. I plan on doing a few scrap quilts this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blocks! There are so many fun fabrics. Laughing at buying the same thing twice. I've definitely been there. --Anne-Marie quilting (at) storiesfromthesewingroom (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love scrappy stars and probably have enough stash to make a few lol. Would love the pattern. Smithcindyk@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scrappy is out of my comfort zone, too, but your blue block looks great to me. I look forward to seeing it come together for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too have a ton of scraps that need use - even though I have donated a lot in the past month.... the pattern may be what I need and I would appreciate my name being added. Thanks! cmberry@lsu.edu

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love scrappy stars!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I completely understand and appreciate what you're doing with scraps! Always, always they need to be dealt with to keep them under control. That's why I'm currently putting together a scrap quilt using the "Bonnie Lass" design in Jen Kingwell's book "Quilt Lovely." Your scrappy star design fulfills a similar need, and I love it! Please don't enter me in your giveaway, but thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are the cutest blocks!!! They could be stand-alone mini quilts!!! I adore them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha, the idea of the two quilt, could have come from me ;) But I think this will work out wonderfully, as long as there is enough contrast/defined colors as in this block. It is beautiful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love a good star block/quilt. Great way to use scraps.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I almost always respond to comments by email. If my response might interest others or if you're a no-reply blogger, I'll post it here.