Friday, February 22, 2019

February, Don’t Fail Me Now! / Beauties Pageant 21


From the get-go, I knew that I would not be replicating January’s level of productivity in February. There was just too much to do—and in a short month, at that. At the very least, I thought I could finish piecing the scrappy quilt top I have been working on. Right now, all 48 blocks are finished. I still need to sew those 48 blocks together, but I have seven more days before March comes in with its own set of expectations.

This quilt has been fun to work on because it features many fabrics I haven’t had an opportunity to sew with in the past. These prints—all beautiful in their own right—just didn’t fit into previous projects.

Most of what you see is from Anna Maria Horner and other Free Spirit designers ...

This diamond is almost all Anna Maria Horner fabrics.

Rifle Paper Co. for Cotton and Steel ...

I love that Rifle Paper Co. floral with the periwinkle background. I used every
last bit I had left over from my Circa 1870 quilt.

I was happy that Alice made an appearance in these strips.

 Among others, like Lizzy House, Bonnie Christine, and Basic Grey.

There are many, many points to match on bias edges when I sew these into rows.
Wish me luck!

How devoted to to-do lists and deadlines are you when it comes to your quilting? For me, it’s a fine balance between making progress on the quilts at hand and not becoming so legalistic about finishing project after project that this hobby feels more like a job.

Of course, if you’re a stickler for deadlines, you might have a finish this week. I hope you’ll share it in this week’s linky!



Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the color scheme of this quilt, Michelle! I honestly haven't had that much trouble with bias edges like these in blocks when I sew slightly slower than normal and be aware of not pushing/pulling the blocks. And pinning a ton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really really like the colors of this quilt!! GO go go - hopefully your 7 days will work out! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle! I love to-do lists to keep me focused but I don't stress too much if I don't get something finished either. This is a hobby, just as you mentioned. This project of yours is beautiful . . . but matching all of those intersections perfectly . . . well, that would stress me out to no end. I think I would make the strips different widths just to avoid that. But you can do it! And it will be well worth the effort - you can easily see how gorgeous it is right now. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on getting the blocks finished. The colours are awesome. I like deadlines to help keep me focused. Sometimes I don't always meet the deadlines though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your string blocks are gorgeous! Love the colors/fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally relate to the "legalistic about finishing project after project that this hobby feels more like a job" problem. I so want to have finishes that I didn't start anything just for fun for ages. Now I did and I love it. Ok, I will most likely miss my deadline for Feb by a few days (again) but hey - it is our hobby!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I almost always respond to comments by email. If my response might interest others or if you're a no-reply blogger, I'll post it here.