Hello and happy new year! I hope you are doing well and staying healthy and finding some time to create at your sewing machine these days.
I’m starting to plot out my sewing goals for the the next few months, and it feels good to plan. I intend to finish my Gypsy Wife quilt (finally). I am going to design and sew new window treatments for my kitchen (not fun, but necessary). And I will release my Love Boldly pattern (see some pics here). That last one is imminent. After all, a quilt featuring stripey hearts needs to be sent into the world in time for Valentine’s Day sewing!
Love Boldly’s journey has been much longer. It was more like this:
* Summer 2019: I design and make a quilt for a QuiltCon challenge.
* February 2020: That quilt is shown at QuiltCon Austin.
* March 2020: The world shuts down, and I pretend to have an education degree for my two elementary-age kids. This continues through June. It isn’t pretty.
* July 2020: I start writing the pattern and then stop because I can’t think or write coherently with my children in the house.
* September 2020: I start writing again and realize I need to learn a vector-graphic program. I teach myself said program.
* October 2020: Life comes to a stop as my family gets sick because even a simple cold isn’t simple during Covid.
* November 2020: I design a bonus block to include with the main Love Boldly pattern. (See the picture at the top of the post.)
* December 2020: I finish the pattern and send it off for editing and testing. (Amen! Alleluia!)
Now, that’s much longer than a month or two, but I think the lengthy timeline will make the pattern release that much sweeter.
Update: Love Boldly is now available exclusively at Quilt Pattern Mart! And through February 14, it is available at the special introductory price of $7.50. Thanks for all the love for the design and encouragement to wrap up the pattern!
Love Boldly will debut exclusively on Quilt Pattern Mart over the next few days. I’ll be sure to share more details in next Friday’s post.
What have you been up to? We would love to see your finishes from the past month. Go ahead, post one, two, three—whatever you’ve squared away in the past month!
The pageant rules are simple:
- Post your finish in the linky tool. (No links to your own giveaway or linky, please!)
- Point your readers back here with a text link or use the button above.
- Visit and comment on other participants’ finishes.