Friday, July 1, 2022

New Projects Make Me Happy / Beauties Pageant 179

My quilty to-do list is growing, friends, and I have you to thank for it!

The first addition to my queue of projects is Sandra Walker’s Pop Star design. Like many of you, I love a good star quilt. At some point, I think all star quilts start to look the same, though—it’s why I’ve designed only one myself (you can read about that, a QuiltCon reject, here). Then I saw Sandra’s unique Pop Star pattern and fell in love.

The baby size is an easy one to sew from stash, but wanting to re-create the value placement from the cover quilt, I headed to my local quilt shop yesterday and bought focal fabric. It’s a beautiful floral from Riley Blake in shades of pink, coral, and taupe. I’m currently working on fleshing out the palette with fabrics I have on hand.

I recommend reading Sandra’s post about her cover quilt (it’s the version pictured at the top of this post). I am a straight-line quilter, but her approach to quilting this particular project may help me get more adventurous. : )

Then there’s the dynamic sister duo of Nancy (Grace and Peace Quilting) and Bonnie (Quilter Bonnie), who have turned me on to multiple new-to-me designers. One of these is Amy Chappell’s venture, Ameroonie Designs, which produces patterns for small applique projects, among other things. 

With a guild-wide swap on the horizon, I’ve homed in on Amy’s mug rug patterns. I am currently plotting summery strawberry mug rugs from this pattern.

You can see what Nancy and Bonnie have sewn up with Amy’s patterns both online and on Instagram. Check out these posts ...

By Nancy:

By Bonnie:

 I hope you find the Beauties Pageant as inspirational as I do each week!

Follow Me On ...


 
* * *


The pageant rules are simple:
  • Post your finish in the linky tool. (No links to your own giveaway or linky, please!)
  • Point your readers back here with a text link or use the button above.
  • Visit and comment on other participants’ finishes.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

8 comments:

  1. Pop Star will look grea tin corals. Have fun pulling your fabrics. Can't wait to see what you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Lol! 😂
      Yes, love it! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I love all the inspiration! I am co-hosting some on-line events for National Sewing Month during September. I'd love to have you join the fun. :) Let me know if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I look forward to seeing you take on Sandra's Pop Star quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There always seems to be something that continues to distract us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure the strawberries will look so sweet! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Michelle, good luck with Sandra's quilt - it really is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I almost always respond to comments by email. If my response might interest others or if you're a no-reply blogger, I'll post it here.