Friday, May 29, 2020

Pageant Highlight Reel / Beauties Pageant 83


Were your ears ringing earlier this week, Beauties Pageant regulars? I was talking to my mom, also a quilter, a few days ago, and we were chatting about the usual suspects here on From Bolt to Beauty. I was telling her about the beautiful drawstring bag Anja sent to me from Canada (just because!), and we had a laugh about Roseanne’s sweet and sassy comments.

That’s what I love about hosting this humble little linky each week: It’s made the quilting blogosphere smaller for me, in a good way. I enjoy keeping tabs on what everyone is up to—like cheering Linda on as she finished the quilting on her temperature quilt or seeing what new scrappy creations Cynthia has to share.

And the inspiration this weekly celebration of finishes offers me is quality. This post includes three projects that got me thinking about potential future projects. At the top of the post, you’ll find Anja’s version of 3rd Story Workshop’s Common Ground pattern. I am crazy about that palette and think the quilting is stippling perfection. (I strive for curves that are that curvy!)

Below are two other awesome pieces. Margo’s unique take on a disappearing nine-patch reminded me of my own Mix and Mingle. That circular quilting really makes the project something special, doesn’t it?


And Sew Yummy’s Diamond Brights quilt top makes me want to abandon my propensity for white backgrounds—at least for a bit—and explore a darker alternative. OK, so it wouldn’t be the most practical of palette decisions when you live with a golden retriever as I do, but look at how the charcoal makes those colors pop!


The Pageant Highlight Reels don’t run regularly enough to feature all the great finishes people have shared. Which one got your creative juices flowing? Tell us about it in the comments below (and include the URL!). : )

Follow Me On ...


 
* * *


The pageant rules are simple:
  • Post your finish in the linky tool. (No links to your own giveaway or linky, please!)
  • Point your readers back here with a text link or use the button above.
  • Visit and comment on other participants’ finishes.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

8 comments:

  1. the thing about all these link ups is seeing all the creations going on - at times it gives one too many ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Karen, seeing all the creativity just makes my list grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing what people are working on and finishing. I am revved up about Diamond Bright's quilt. And, on top of that the triangle squares are all made with the background color... This is a really doable quilt. But, oh did she put the pieces together in a beautiful way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is great seeing all the projects, but sadly there's never enough hours in the day to visit everyone each week. Thanks for the shout-out on my quilt. It's a great pattern--add it to your wish list. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hosting Oh Scrap every Sunday. I am constantly inspired with new ways to use those leftover bits. I also love to see the finishes shared here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the shout-out! It’s always nice to see what others are making, and on blog posts, read more about how it was done. Though I like the brevity and quantity of projects I see on Instagram, I prefer the thoroughness that blogging offers. By the way, have you switched to the New Blogger platform? It has to be done by late June, and I hope that means I will be able to post blog comments from my computer. It’s so nice for you to be able to chat with your mom about quilting stuff. Never take your chats for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm honoured you featured my Diamond Brights Quilt! Thank you! I'm the opposite of you - I find it a challenge to use a light background. I'm always afraid light will show too much dirt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michelle! Aww, thanks for the shout out. I'm sorry to say I don't have a finish to share this week - nothing even close to finished. I do, however, love to see what you are up to. Hi to your Mom! Do you share her finishes ever?? I don't recall seeing anything. How fun that you get to quilt with her!! And to keep up with the sassy comment comment, golden retriever goes with everything. Just ask Rosie! It's the perfect addition and backdrop to all quilts. {{Hugs}} Beautiful shares this week - I love them all. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I almost always respond to comments by email. If my response might interest others or if you're a no-reply blogger, I'll post it here.