Friday, December 20, 2019

Variations on a Theme / Beauties Pageant 61


Without a moment to spare, I have three Christmas minis bound, wrapped, and ready to share!

These projects were fun opportunities to blow through scraps—of both Christmas fabrics and random whites/low-volume prints—and by playing with the palette and layout, each of the three has its own personality.

Some highlights include this sweet cabin, whose polka-dotted fabric looks like falling snow ...


This holly branch, which is the perfect combination of a scrappy foreground and a scrappy background ...


And this overall color combination ...


I love Christmas palettes with surprises, and the blue here doesn’t disappoint!

I’m not sure whether these three minis are the end of me and this pattern collection (available here, from Sterling Sewn). Heaven knows I have the necessary bits and pieces to continue, but these log cabins start off with 1.5-inch strips, so although they eat up scraps, they do so at a slow pace. : )

If you have a favorite holiday-themed pattern, I am always on the lookout for new ideas. Please share them in the comments below! (And, by the way, I have four Christmas quilts planned for the new year. Christmas sewing at From Bolt to Beauty world headquarters may last until spring!)

* * *


The pageant rules are simple:
  • Post your finish in the linky tool. (No links to your own giveaway or linky, please!)
  • Point your readers back here with a text link or use the button above.
  • Visit and comment on other participants’ finishes.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter
Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. I love a good blue, silver, and white Christmas color scheme. Your touches of pink with it are lovely! I'm not a huge holiday maker myself, but I am finishing up one to share soon, too. I like that you plan to keep making them for next year early, and I look forward to seeing more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend the beautiful, free holiday wreath pattern by Anne at SpringleafStudios. I made four of them - three to give away and one to keep. Her design is that pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are fun minis. Congrats on three finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved sewing the wonky Christmas Trees (Diary of a Quilter) a few years back and I am also loving my Snowflake (Modernhandcraft) (which sadly will not get finished) from this year. Also happy to hear that you plan to sew your mass production of full Christmas quilts after Christmas. I would probably have tried to do it before ;))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I almost always respond to comments by email. If my response might interest others or if you're a no-reply blogger, I'll post it here.