Friday, December 27, 2019

Pageant Highlight Reel / Beauties Pageant 62

The presents have been opened, the carols have been sung, and the cookies have been eaten (like, in their entirety, before our holiday guests even arrived!). But my dining room is still a dining room and won’t see any sewing for a few more days. So I present to you today some highlights from Beauties Pageants past ...

Tubak, of Den syende himmel, followed a tutorial on the Bernina site to make this adorable kitty pouch. The zigzag eyes are her own addition to the pattern, and they’re brilliant. It’s impossible to look at pictures of her project without smiling!


As a mama to two boys, I flipped over Janine’s Chicago skyline baby quilt. Check out her blog, Quilts from the Little House, for lots more pictures and a blow-by-blow description of her creative process.


And Allison, at New Every Morning Patchwork and Quilting, revealed her Modern Chains. This pattern appears in a recent issue of Quilt Now, and it features everything I love in a modern quilt—an oversize, off-center design with negative space. Beautiful!


If you’ve been able to tear yourself away from holiday revelry enough to finish something, we want to know about it. Link up below!

Although I love the low-key days we’ve had at From Bolt to Beauty world headquarters this past week, it’s rare for me to go more than a few days without sewing. I miss the hum of my machine and the feel of fabric beneath my fingers. Here’s hoping the new year includes a lot of sewing and quilting. : )

* * *


The pageant rules are simple:
  • Post your finish in the linky tool. (No links to your own giveaway or linky, please!)
  • Point your readers back here with a text link or use the button above.
  • Visit and comment on other participants’ finishes.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter
Follow on Bloglovin

11 comments:

  1. What lovely projects and I am quite taken with that skyline piece. Such talented folks! Thanks for hosting this link up and I hope you are enjoying every minute of this special time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all three of the projects highlighted! I'll be checking them out! Thanks for the links and for hosting this party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas Michelle and I hope you get back to your sewing dining room soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter would LOVE that kitty pouch. :-) May 2020 be filled with peace and sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much for including my Modern Chains quilt in your highlights Michelle. A lovely surprise!
    Hope you can continue to enjoy time with family and friends over the New Year.
    Soon be time to get our sewing machines set up again! Allison

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a surprise. Thank you for your kind words Michelle. Happy New Year to you from Norway.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I almost always respond to comments by email. If my response might interest others or if you're a no-reply blogger, I'll post it here.