Friday, June 10, 2022

Fast and Easy Gifts for Teachers / Beauties Pageant 176

The start of this year’s teacher gifts

I’m still trying to get my brain around the fact that school vacation is almost here. I guess it doesn’t matter whether I’m successful in this endeavor: One way or another, my kids are out of school in another week!

Last year, I was so on top of things, mainly because I had to be. My younger son was finishing up his last year in elementary school, and deciding to do something special to mark the occasion, I made eight quilts to give to his teaching team. (This is my kiddo with special needs. He has many, many teachers and therapists in the school system working with him.) I loved giving away these quilts. I took pictures of all of them and asked the recipients which ones they’d like before determining who would be given what. It made the process less stressful for me and increased the possibility that these educators would receive a quilt they liked. (Read more about these quilts here.)

The pile of quilts I gifted last spring

Fast-forward a year, and I’m flying by the seat of my pants! I saw an Instagram reel from Crosscut Sewing Co. about the shop’s key fob kits on Tuesday. On Wednesday I placed my order of kits and standalone supplies, and on Thursday I had received it. (Crosscut is an online retailer with in-person sewing classes; it’s about an hour from my house, so the shipping is super speedy.) Now it’s Friday, and I’m in go-go-go mode. I think 10 key fobs will suit my needs, but I’ll likely make a full dozen to be on the safe side.

Supplies for my next key fobs

New England schools always get out so late—the first holiday of our summer is the Fourth of July, not Memorial Day—so this gift idea likely doesn’t come in time to help out those of you who also have kiddos in school. But keep these gifts in mind for the future They are the simplest ones I’ve ever made. They’re also inexpensive. I’m making all of mine with jacquard ribbons, but you could just as easily use scraps that you have on hand. (The ribbon in the picture at the top of the post is designed by Kaffe Fassett for Renaissance Ribbons.)

If you’re making teacher gifts—or have recently gifted some—add them to this week’s linky. I’m always on the lookout for new ideas. : )

Check out other simple From Bolt to Beauty gift ideas here.

Follow Me On ...


 
* * *


The pageant rules are simple:
  • Post your finish in the linky tool. (No links to your own giveaway or linky, please!)
  • Point your readers back here with a text link or use the button above.
  • Visit and comment on other participants’ finishes.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I bet the teachers were astounded with the quilts last year. And they will no doubt make good use of these cute key chains. What a cool idea!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to make for gifts! I might have to check them out, as a potential for Christmas gifts, and/or to make when my grandson comes here in July.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seem to do really well working in batches. I hope it's fun and not stressful go-go-go work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle! I have been so darn busy with end of school things here - our last day was the 8th. I've missed reading your blog and catching up on the haps. I just recently made journal covers using composition notebooks. Another idea I have is a folded wallet/purse that my friend, Chris, made. One last idea is a game table mat from Sandra's new pattern release that Rose made. I'll try to link up all three for you to peruse. Those fobs are fabulous!! I've always wanted to make some and just haven't for whatever reason. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Using premade gorgeous ribbons is definitely the way to go! Beautiful key chains. Enjoy your summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess I didn't notice I had to change the 'Anonymous' setting. Oops.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I almost always respond to comments by email. If my response might interest others or if you're a no-reply blogger, I'll post it here.