Friday, January 18, 2019

One Cargo Duffle Down, One to Go / Beauties Pageant 16

This is me getting fancy with my photo shoots.

We’re halfway through January, and I’m pleased to report that I’m halfway to meeting my One Monthly Goal! I survived sewing my third Cargo Duffle Bag. Honestly, it wasn’t that big of a deal. Installing the zipper, hammering the snaps, sewing through all those layers—in the end, it was all doable. And that is good, because January’s goal was to make two of them. One down, one to go!

Previous posts have covered my thoughts on this free pattern by Anna Graham, of Noodlehead, so I’ll just inundate you with pretty pictures of this latest finish. (To read about my first bag, click here. To read about my second, including details on how I modified the pattern, click here.)

I used a Denyse Schmidt print for the exterior and a Carolyn Friedlander print
for the accents.

I love how the straps are constructed!

This little bit (is there a technical term for it?) is my own addition, to aid in
opening and closing the zipper.


I chose to line this bag instead of binding the unfinished edges, per the pattern.
Another Denyse Schmidt print adorns the lining of both the main compartment 
and the exterior pockets.

I’m hoping you have some pretty pictures of finishes to show with us, too. Add them to this week’s Brag About Your Beauties Pageant. : )


The pageant rules are simple:
  • Post your finish in the linky tool. (No links to your own giveaway or linky, please!)
  • Point your readers back here with a text link or use the button above.
  • Visit and comment on other participants’ finishes.




Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. I totally love this! I cannot believe this is your third one! You did a masterful job from the fabric to construction. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed with your 3D sewing skills. I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the 50% OMG Jan Club - lol. Congrats on finishing this amazing duffle. I have to agree, amazing 3D sewing skills. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done. I love that print. And "little bit" is a good term LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a stunning bad that looks beautifully constructed. You seem right on schedule to meet your One Monthly Goal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love this. You really did an excellent job with this bag. Go Michelle!!!

    needleandfoot@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Michelle! You just keep refining this bag process enough so that you'll almost be able to make them in your sleep. And a really fine process it is - this is a beautiful bag. I love those fabrics you chose, and I think I like the lining option better than a binding. Halfway to your OMG - you can do it! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bravo! Love this! All the details make such a difference. And the lining is great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I almost always respond to comments by email. If my response might interest others or if you're a no-reply blogger, I'll post it here.