Sunday, May 3, 2015

Second Verse Same as the First

Hello, dear readers! It’s your favorite broken record of a bag maker here with her latest creation.

It’s a Sew Together Bag. Shocking, right? I’ve shared three other STBs here on my blog, but this is actually my sixth. Every time I finish one, I vow that it’s my last—and then quickly start plotting my next one.


It’s not the zippers that frustrate me; it’s getting the machine-sewn binding nice and neat that proves to be the time suck with every bag, even the sixth. Another blogger recently wrote that she thought it took her two hours to churn out a STB. There is no way these bags take me a mere two hours.

This most recent one, however, is my favorite. It’s a very “me” color palette—in fact, I think there will be a quilt in these colors in the once-my-WIPs-are-under-control future.


My previous STBs started with the fabric selection. This one started with the zippers. I figured, if I was going to make yet another STB, I should at least use what I had on hand. So it was the Coats & Clark zippers in cadet that led me to use my fat quarters from Josephine Kimberling’s Turkish Delight line. I also had some Kona Indigo in my stash for the binding. Wow, I love that color and how it frames the bag. I think if I hadn’t used the indigo, the final product would look very different.


I would say that this is my last STB, but you and I both know that’s not true.

To read my hints on tackling this pattern and see my previous STBs, check out:
Linking up to Sew Cute Tuesday, Let’s Bee Social, Needle and Thread Thursday, TGIFF, and Finish It Up Friday ...

Follow on Bloglovin

15 comments:

  1. I haven't made a STB but it's on my list so I'll certainly check out your tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck, Deb -- let me know how it goes! Be careful ... they're addictive. : )

      Delete
  2. This one is my favorite too! I love your mix of fabric and colors. I would never do this bag in two hours either...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, I like the soft blues. I have yet to tackle a STB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have the exact same tastes in colour palettes, Michelle, and I love your latest bag. I haven't made one of these yet... But you are tempting me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I need to buy some Kona indigo! This sold me once and for all. Love these colors they are so me! Green with envy over here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a bag maker myself but really admire people that do. This one looks complicated (anything with zips does to me!). A great finished bag- lovely fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful fabric! I love your choice of the Kona Indigo to frame it, great STB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE IT~!!! Do you want to me one for me for $$. I could send you the fabric in my favorite colors. lol If I ever get rid of my quilting for others, I would love to make bags like these for gifts and for my use too. You must be an expert at this one by now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing Sew Together Bags! I want to make one some time, it's just gathering all the supplies and buying the pattern. Your bag looks lovely, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great STB! Love those fabrics, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. STB is on my list of projects. I like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is very nice, i Love them, too.
    Best wishes
    From Stoeckeline

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it, that is stunning. I have the pattern, but haven't tackled the project yet. This makes me want to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out the advice I gave with the first STB I made, at http://frombolttobeauty.blogspot.com/2014/12/michelle-1-zippers-0.html -- the pattern is short on photos, and the sew-along I used makes a huge difference. : )

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I almost always respond to comments by email. If my response might interest others or if you're a no-reply blogger, I'll post it here.