Friday, April 28, 2023

My First Quilt / Beauties Pageant 214

Leanne Parsons, over at Devoted Quilter, launched a blog series where she interviews quilters about the first quilt they made. I was honored to be asked to participate! 

My story of how I came to modern quilting (through the Denyse Schmidt door!) is detailed on her site today. Check it out here, and then read the story of Leanne’s own first quilt, plus that of Laura Piland (Slice of Pi Quilts).

I wish you all a fabulous weekend, friends. Spring is in full swing here in New England, and it’s getting harder to stay inside and sew. May you end the week with a little fun inside and outside. : )

Follow Me On ...


 
* * *


The pageant rules are simple:
  • Post your finish in the linky tool. (No links to your own giveaway or linky, please!)
  • Point your readers back here with a text link or use the button above.
  • Visit and comment on other participants’ finishes.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

  1. It was such a treat to get to read about your first quilt today, Michelle. I'm amazed you were able to gift your first quilt and the recipient's response to it really touched me. Have a great weekend yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle, it was interesting to read about your first quilt. Making it a picnic quilt was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read the post at Devoted Quilter. What a lovely story!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I almost always respond to comments by email. If my response might interest others or if you're a no-reply blogger, I'll post it here.