Wednesday, September 21, 2016

BQF: Obsession Quilt

Hello again! I’d like to present my submission to the Blogger’s Quilt Festival, ROYGBIV category: Obsession.

The final reveal of Obsession was a long time in the making. This project wasn’t difficult to make, but I was determined to use as many scraps as possible. The initial scrap pull was back in November 2014. A second look through my scrap bin, in February 2015, grew my pile of squares for the project. Finally, I resorted to cutting some strips off my yardage, but it was worth it. And this past January, I revealed ...

Obsession, in all of her rainbow-y glory!


This swirly pantograph was the perfect complement to the angles of the design.


This project ate through colored scraps as well as low-volumes.


I trimmed Obsession in a net print from Dear Stella,
which I have in more colorways than I’ll admit to!

Design: Obsession, from Quilt-opedia, by Laura Jane Taylor

Size: 80” by 80”

Quilting: by the talented Garden Gate Quilting

Scrap usage: 400  4½” and 5” squares—woo hoo!

To see my other submission, click here.

To revel in the talent and inspiration of the Blogger’s Quilt Festival and vote for your favorites, visit the event at Amy’s Creative Side.

Follow on Bloglovin

21 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful quilt! I just love the scrappiness of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this quilt! Rainbow. Scrappy. Stars. All the good things in life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a really pretty pattern. What a great use of scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still smitten with the color gradient you achieved with your scraps (and a bit of stash). It's a beautiful quilt and perfect for the ROYGBIV category!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to make one of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and you've done what Timna talked about - lots of value in your colors which really makes it sing!!

      Delete
  6. Great choice for the festival. It really glows with all its scrappy goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this~great color progression!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! Scraps make a work so interesting and personal. Looks like a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a perfect example of playing with color and scraps! Simply beautiful Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Great job with the color fades!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am very smitten with this! What a perfect use of scraps, but you nailed the color flow to perfection. I feel like I need to make one....oh no!! Beautiful job Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! Love your gradients!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful color transitions! And the neutral patches set off the colors so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I remember this one. It's just as awesome the second time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love everything about this quilt and when I read the size my eyes widened! Like Anja I do remember this one but somehow not the size; think I should do one so I perhaps make a dent in the scraps here...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this quilt Michelle - so nice to be reminded of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this quilt. It's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. As a scrappy quilter, I like the way you used yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I almost always respond to comments by email. If my response might interest others or if you're a no-reply blogger, I'll post it here.