Friday, July 24, 2026

A Christmassy Five-Star Experience Quilt / Beauties Pageant 337

Well, that was an unexpected (but much-needed and well-enjoyed) little blog break! Rest assured that over the past few weeks when I haven’t been in this space, I’ve been having all sorts of quilty fun ...

Most recently, I participated in my first virtual teaching experience with Creative Spark where I talked to new friends across the country about jelly roll projects. If you were there, thank you—and I’d love to hear what you thought. Drop me an email at frombolttobeauty [at] gmail [dot] com. : )

The weekend before, I was at Cannizzaro Creations, a lovely little quilt establishment on Boston’s South Shore, for a popup shop. It was a special day to appear there: The Pembroke Chamber of Commerce and local politicians officiated a ribbon cutting to celebrate the business that owners Mary and Jen have created.

I set up my books, patterns, and quilts in a corner of the shop. The event marked the debut of my latest pattern—Festive Flurries—as well as a Christmassy version of Five-Star Experience, the cover quilt from Not-Your-Typical Jelly Roll Quilts. (Festive Flurries will launch online in PDF and printed from next Friday, July 31.) 

Five-Star Experience started with a jelly roll of Cozy Wonderland by Fancy That Design House for Moda. For the background, I cut into stashed yardage of a Kent chambray in succulent, which, I think, really elevates the project. For this pattern, I am a fan of sorting my strips into different colorways. I love the effect it creates!


 I am still in Christmas-project mode, so expect some more holiday finishes before summer’s end!

Follow Me On ...  


 
* * *


The pageant rules are simple:
  • Post your finish in the linky tool. (No links to your own giveaway or linky, please!)
  • Point your readers back here with a text link or use the button above.
  • Visit and comment on other participants’ finishes.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. I like the succulent background on your Christmas quilt--fabulous! Fun quilting, too! Fun pop-up shop event! We missed you here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I almost always respond to comments by email. If my response might interest others or if you're a no-reply blogger, I'll post it here.