Friday, October 11, 2024

Cluck Cluck Sew's Kitty Cats / Beauties Pageant 268

Nothing brings me more satisfaction than getting a low-priority project off the WIP pile and over the finish line, and this week’s post does not disappoint. There’s no gift-giving opportunity on the horizon. I don’t have a recipient in mind. But when I find myself in need of a cat-adorned quilt, I now have this beauty at the ready ...

The design is Kitty Cats from Allison Harris of Cluck Cluck Sew, and it was a delight to piece! I had purchased several half-yards of different Riley Blake prints a year or two ago. Kitty Cats, which calls for fat quarters, put those selections to good use, leaving me with extra fabric to put toward my Pineberry quilt (yet another WIP).

I used more stashed fabric on the back because that’s how I roll ...

My only regret (Future Michelle, please take note!) is that I didn’t have more variety in color and design in my fabrics. The repeated prints and colorways made it difficult to spread the colors evenly throughout the quilt top.



Allison Harris is one of my favorite pattern designers. Her patterns are simple without being simplistic, and they’re a joy to follow. If you’re a Cluck Cluck Sew fan as I am, I’d love to hear which patterns you’ve sewn and to see your finishes (even if they’re old ones!) in the linky below!

Follow Me On ...


 
* * *


The pageant rules are simple:
  • Post your finish in the linky tool. (No links to your own giveaway or linky, please!)
  • Point your readers back here with a text link or use the button above.
  • Visit and comment on other participants’ finishes.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet finish; I'm sure it will find the perfect home when the time is right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some cat lover will admire and adore this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do enjoy Cluck Cluck Sew patterns, too! I included 3 of her patterns that I made and/or quilted in the links. Love everything about your kitty quilt, Michelle--patterns, colors, quilty texture and backing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle, that is such a quite quilt and the colour distribution is perfectly fine! Thanks for the party!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I almost always respond to comments by email. If my response might interest others or if you're a no-reply blogger, I'll post it here.