Friday, June 9, 2023

Pageant Highlight Reel / Beauties Pageant 219

The recent dreary skies over New England have not lent themselves to photo shoots, so my finishes will have to wait until the sun returns. Oh, well! It’s a great excuse to take a break and look at what everyone else has been up to ...

I am a sucker for white backgrounds, and multiple finishes from Anne-Marie (Stories from the Sewing Room) have caught my eye as a result. Most recently, she shared Loves Me, Loves Me Not. This was a new-to-me pattern, one designed by another blogger, Patty of Elm Street Quilts. I love Anne-Marie’s palette and her dense quilting on all that white space! Click through to read more about her process and the pattern (I’m crazy about the baby size option).

Another showstopper is Blue Medallion Surprise, a collaboration between Rebecca (Rebecca Grace Quilting) and Nanette ...

Blue Medallion Surprise is an original design by Nanette, and Rebecca’s quilting is the perfect complement to the piecing and palette. The thread she chose matches the lowest value in the project, which means it goes unnoticed in parts of the finished quilt but pops along the dark border. Beautiful!

I was also struck recently by all the nonquilting projects appearing in the Beauties Pageant lineups lately. Melva (Melva Loves Scraps) was busy back in April sewing up teddy bears, and CĂ©line (Espritpatch) made her first I Am Hesat blouse in May ...


 

Have those cute stuffies and that beautiful blouse inspired me to sew something other than quilts this summer? I have Noodlehead’s Making Backpack pattern and canvas yardage on hand to answer that very question. : )

Follow Me On ...


 
* * *


The pageant rules are simple:
  • Post your finish in the linky tool. (No links to your own giveaway or linky, please!)
  • Point your readers back here with a text link or use the button above.
  • Visit and comment on other participants’ finishes.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

6 comments:

  1. All of these features are amazing! I especially love the colors in Loves Me, Loves Me Not. Thanks for hosting!

    P.S. I just realized that my quilting is not a finish. Apologies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All finishes are welcome! And in my book, a finished block or two counts as well. Someone recently posted a picture of their clean sewing room floor -- I loved it! : )

      Delete
  2. Getting good outdoor photography can be hard! My biggest foe is usually the wind. A low wind day around here is 10mph, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surely the weather on your side of the world is better than our cold, cloudy, windy & wet wintry stuff? Hope it is soon more summery for you. I too love taking quilt photos outside & can't at the moment due to "weather". Although I follow Patty's blog, I sort of can't remember that first quilt, but I sure like it as well as the next one, which is very large. Cute teddies and lovely blouse. I've enjoyed this post. Thanks, take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful projects that you have highlighted Michelle.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I almost always respond to comments by email. If my response might interest others or if you're a no-reply blogger, I'll post it here.